Affirmative Action Plan
UMKC is a federal contractor of $50,000+ and employs 50+ individuals, therefore, the University is required to develop and maintain a written affirmative action plan.
The 2012 Affirmative Action Plan is available for review in the Division of Diversity and Inclusion, 212 Administrative Center, and in the following locations on campus:
- The Office of the Chancellor, 301 Administrative Center
- The Office of the Provost, 300 G Administrative Center
- The Office of Human Resources, 226 Administrative Center
- The Reference Desk in the Miller Nichols Library
- The Circulation Desk in the Health Science Library
Legal Basis of Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Equal employment opportunity is the law of the land. In the public sector, this means that all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability status, Viet Nam Era Veteran status or national origin shall have equal access to available positions and programs. Federal and state legislation and court decisions have established both the principles and the mandated requirements for compliance with these laws.