- Log on to Pathway
- Click on the Self-Service link
- Click on the "Faculty Center" link
- Click on the "Grade Roster" link
- All classes for all terms for which the instructor is the official instructor of record will be displayed on this page.
- The term displayed is indicated at the top of the page
- To see classes for a different term, click the yellow Change Term button to select a different term.
Grade Rosters will be made available no later than two weeks prior to the last scheduled final each term (one week in the Summer Session) and are due the Tuesday after finals week. This is in accordance with the Collected Rules and Regulations of the University of Missouri System.
- If you are the instructor of record for a course, you will receive an e-mail when grade rosters are available.
- Grade rosters are static and thus must be regenerated daily until the end of the term to reflect any changes in enrollment (adds or drops) that occur during that time period. Any grade rosters not marked as "approved" will be regenerated overnight, and when that occurs any saved grades will be removed and must be re-entered.
- Grades must be entered in Pathway, marked as "Approved" and "Saved" by 5 p.m. 3 days after the last scheduled final (not including Sunday). This is generally the Tuesday after finals week.
- Fall and Spring grades entered and marked as approved will be posted to student records after the last scheduled final for the term in the Fall and Spring.
- Log on to Pathway
- Click on Self Service
- Click on Faculty Center > Grade Roster to access your Grade Roster
- Click on the grade roster icon that is next to the class you want to grade (not the icon that is in the key above your teaching schedule)
- Input grades for ALL the students on your grade roster
- Click the yellow save button at the top of the page
- Change the "Approval Status" at the top of the page from "Not Reviewed" to "Approved"
- Note: You will not be able to select Approved unless there is a grade for every student and the grade roster has been saved
- Click the yellow save button at the top of the page (again).
- Grade rosters are static and thus must be regenerated daily until the end of the term to reflect any changes in enrollment (adds or drops) that occur during that time period. Any grade rosters not marked as "approved" and "saved" will be regenerated, and when that occurs any saved grades will be removed and must be re-entered.
If grades have not yet posted to student records (the "official grade" column is still blank) you may still make changes to the grades by following this procedure:
- Change your approval status back to "not reviewed"
- Click "save"
- Make changes to the grades
- Change your approval status to "approved"
- Click "save"
If the grades have posted to student records (the "official grade" column has grades in it), you must submit a grade change form. These forms are available in each dean’s office.
- An official add form (with the student’s signature and a Dean or their representative’s approval) should be sent to the Registration and Records Office for any late student additions to a class.
- The student’s grade will need to be submitted on an official grade change form that is available in each Dean's Office or wait until the student is officially registered and the grade roster will be re-generated over night.
Note: Grade rosters are static and thus must be regenerated daily until the end
of the term to reflect any changes in enrollment (adds or drops) that occur
during that time period. Any grade rosters not marked as "approved" and "saved" will be regenerated, and when that occurs any saved grades will be
removed and must be re-entered.
The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office is required by the Federal Government to track the last date of attendance for students who officially withdraw or unofficially withdraw from all classes.
If a student appears on your grade roster, but never attended class or stopped attending class within the semester, we are requesting that a grade of NR be assigned to this student in lieu of an F. The NR stands for "Not Reported" and signifies to the Registration and Records’ office and Financial Aid Office that the student did not attend or stopped attending class. NR's calculate in a student's GPA just like an F.
Students who withdrew by the deadline for students to withdraw without academic assessment will already have the grade of W assigned next to their name on the grade roster and you cannot change it.
Students who withdrew with assessment may be assigned either a WF "withdraw failing" or a W "withdraw". For students who have officially withdrawn, these will be the only two grade options available.
If the student has not officially withdrawn, you must assign the most appropriate grade from the drop-down menu. You cannot assign a "W" if the student has not officially withdrawn.
See the table under Official Drop and Withdrawal Deadlines to determine how Ws were assigned to students based on the official term/session dates.
The notify buttons provide a way for you to send a mass e-mail to all your students or those that you select. All students will receive the exact same e-mail.
Notify Selected Students
- Click on Notify Selected Students.
- Make sure each student on your roster has a check box next to their student ID number.
- If you wish to send an e-mail to one or more students, but not the entire class, you can select the students by checking the box.
- Click the "Notify Selected Students" button.
Notify Listed Students
If you want to send an e-mail to ALL the students on the roster, click the "Notify Listed Students" button.
- Click on Notify Listed Students button.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can type the e-mail you want to be sent to your students.