Missouri House Bill 390 (HB390)
Missouri statute section 173.1110 requires the University to verify "covered students" who are receiving financial aid are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or are lawfully present in the United States.
- Students who are high school graduates
- Students who are 18 or older
- Students who are attending classes on campus during regularly scheduled academic sessions
The statute provides that the following documents may be used to document a "covered student" receiving financial aid is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or is lawfully present in the United States:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Institutional Student Information Record
- A state-issued driver’s license
- A state issued non-driver’s identification card
- Documentary evidence recognized by the department of revenue when processing an application for a driver’s license or non-driver’s identification card
- A United States birth certificate
- A United States military identification card
- Any document issued by the federal government that confirms an alien’s lawful presence in the United States
For a complete listing of acceptable visa types click here.
- Scan the document
- Attach the document to an email from your UMKC email account
- Send the email to the Registration and Records Office
- Fax the document to (816) 235-5513
- Make sure to include your full name and student ID number on the Fax.
- Bring the original document or a photocopy to the Registration and Records Office
- Mail a photocopy of the document to the Registration and Records Office