Crime Prevention Tip
- Avoid walking or running alone at night. Instead go walking or jogging with a friend.
- Don't use headphones while walking, driving or jogging.
- Always walk in well-lighted areas.
- Avoid the use of short cuts.
- After dark, keep away from large bushes or doorways where someone could be lurking.
- Always stay near the curb.
- If someone in a vehicle stops and asks for directions, answer from a distance. Do not approach the vehicle.
- If followed, go immediately to an area with lights and people. If needed, turn around and walk in the opposite direction, your follower will also have to reverse directions.
- Do not display cash openly, especially when leaving an ATM.
|UMKC Police Department |
|(816) 235-1515 |
|Crime Prevention Unit |
Officer Patrick Tedesco
UMKC Police Department
5005 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64110
Emergency Dial 9-1-1
Office hours: 24 hours per day
7 days per week
365 days per year.