TRANSFER ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
UMKC considers students who have taken college courses after graduating from high school as transfer students.
Fewer than 24 hours of transferable college credit
- For students with fewer than 24 hours of transferable college credit admission decisions are based on a combination of Freshmen Admission Requirements and college coursework attempted.
- These students must also send in official high school transcripts and ACT or SAT scores.
- Transfer Students need to have an overall 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in all coursework, which includes repeated coursework, attempted at previous institutions.
- Transfer students without a 2.0 or higher college GPA must submit a petition for admission.
- Students who have already graduated from high school are not eligible for freshmen scholarships.
- Transfer students must send in all official college transcripts from all colleges and universities where coursework was attempted.
- Transfer students with fewer than 24 hours of transferable college credit must also send in official high school transcripts.