Review these requirements:
- Students can apply for admission based on the General Educational Development (GED) or High School Equivalency (HISET) tests
- The GED or HISET scores must be passing in each area
- GED or HISET students must submit a 24 ACT composite. (Student can petition to have the ACT waived if they have been out of high school more than 5 years)
- Students not meeting these criteria may be considered for provisional admission as a mature adult
Items needed to complete your application process
- Official ACT and/or SAT scores or an official ACT waiver. UMKC's ACT code is 2380. UMKC's SAT code is 6872.
- GED or HISET score
- Official high school transcript with ACT or SAT scores posted. Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions through Parchment, eScrip-Safe, or directly from the National Student Clearing House or Joint Service Transcripts (JST).
- Official college transcript/s if applicable. Transcripts are considered official if they are received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically to the Office of Admissions through either Parchment or eScrip-Safe.
Choose one of the options below for filling out and submitting the General UMKC Application:
- Complete online application and email, mail or hand deliver the other application packet materials to the Office of Admissions and pay the $35 application fee online
- Download and print hard copy application and mail or hand deliver the application along with the other application packet materials to the Office of Admissions along with a $45 application fee
Fill out a Petition for Exception Form