MATH AND SCIENCE TUTORING (MaST)
Not everyone can make it to campus and use our tutoring services. Consider making a one-on-one, free online tutoring appointment with one of our MaST tutors. If you are interested in setting up an appointment, please follow the procedures below.
Available appointment times:
Monday — Friday: 7 — 10 p.m.
Saturday — Sunday: noon — 10 p.m.
Setting up an appointment:
From the times available above, contact Megan Cross, Online Tutoring Coordinator, with three possible appointment times. Please allow at least 48 hours to set up an appointment. Call Megan at 816-235-5557 or email her at email@example.com.
How to prepare for your online tutoring appointment:
To make the most effective use of your time, you need to be prepared for the online session.
- We recommend that you use Firefox as your browser for the online session. Please download and install prior to your appointment.
- You will need to have a computer with microphone (and headphones recommended) in order to communicate with the tutor online. To test your system and hardware, visit the Wimba Setup Wizard.
- Have specific question(s) ready to ask.
- Know where problems/examples/concepts are located in the textbook (page, chapter, section).
- If you want to discuss problems and/or homework you are working on, have your hard copy work scanned into a jpeg file so it can be uploaded, discussed, and reviewed by you and the tutor.