MaST Online Tutoring
Not everyone can make it to campus and use our tutoring services. Consider making a one-on-one, free online tutoring appointment with one of our MaST tutors. If you are interested in setting up an appointment, please follow the procedures below.
Available appointment times:
Monday - Friday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Setting up an appointment:
From the times available above, contact Megan Cross, Online Tutoring Coordinator, with three possible appointment times. Call Megan at 816-235-5557 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to prepare for your online tutoring appointment:
To make the most effective use of your time, you need to be prepared for the online session.
- We recommend that you use Firefox as your browser for the online session. Please download and install prior to your appointment.
- You will need to have a computer with microphone (and headphones recommended) in order to communicate with the tutor online. To test your system and hardware, visit the Wimba Setup Wizard.
- Have specific question(s) ready to ask.
- Know where problems/examples/concepts are located in the textbook (page, chapter, section)
- If you want to discuss problems and/or homework you are working on, have your hardcopy work scanned into a jpeg file so it can be uploaded, discussed, and reviewed by you and the tutor.
Courses that tutors support:
Math 100 Intermediate Algebra
Math 110 College Algebra
Math 116 Mathematics for Liberal Arts
Math 120 Precalculus
Math 125 Trigonometry
Math 130 Mathematics for Teachers: Number Systems
Math 140 Mathematics for Teachers: Elementary Geometry
Math 206 Brief Calculus and Matrix Algebra
Math 210 Calculus I
Math 220 Calculus II