Future Students - Transfer
Please review the following information to learn more about applying to UMKC and the BHS program.
- Students who have completed a minimum of 24 hours of regionally accredited college credits (above remedial level) at the time they are applying to UMKC with a major in BHS do not need to submit ACT or high school transcripts
- Transfer GPA of 2.0 or higher for cumulative college credit. Students with a GPA below 2.0 will be asked to petition for admission consideration into the College of Arts & Sciences Pre-Health program; once the student has raised his/her GPA to the required 2.0, student may then change majors to the BHS program.
- Please note that the Office of Admissions determines general admissibility to UMKC based on the criteria listed above; students who have been admitted to UMKC with the BHS major by the Office of Admissions have done all that they need to do to be admitted to the program. There is no separate application process for the BHS.
- Procedure for transfer applicants to the BHS program:
Complete UMKC application at www.umkc.edu/admissions/ ($45 application fee for mailing in hard copy; $35 for online applications) and send all official college transcripts to:
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Office of Admissions
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110
- For a list of possible focus areas and minor degree options, please visit our Current Students page.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or have further questions, please feel free to contact the Academic Advisor.