The fee estimator is a helpful tool that can be used to get an idea of how much one semester of tuition and fees will cost. In order to use the fee estimator, enter your school, program of study, residency status, and number of credit hours you're interested in taking. The fee estimator:
- Allows you to get an estimate of a single semester at a time rather than the whole year. This is especially helpful if your number of credit hours per term varies widely.
- Gives you a closer estimate of potential fees because you can enter specific hour and program information. This is useful for students who are in non-undergraduate programs or who are not interested in taking a full academic load each term.
- Only estimates tuition and other academic fees. The estimate will not include room and board, books or other items that you can see with the net price calculator (see below). No financial aid information is available while using the fee estimator.
The net price calculator considers costs such as tuition, fees, books and supplies, as well as those costs related to normal living expenses such as room and board, and other personal expenses–expenses that individuals would likely need to consider even if they were not attending college. The calculator also provides a summary of potential student aid programs an individual may qualify to receive while attending UMKC. Eligibility requirements vary and awards are not guaranteed through the use of the net price calculator.
You will need to answer some basic questions about you and/or your parents' financial situation, so it will be beneficial to have recent tax documents on hand, as well as additional data pertaining to your financial budget.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
- The net price calculator is designed for incoming college freshman and transfer students attending school full-time.