In the event of rain on Friday, students, faculty and platform party members will report to the Atterbury Student Success Center to robe, line up and process to Swinney. Students will robe in Pierson Auditorium, Faculty in Room 238 and Platform Party in Chancellor's Dining Room.
We will make a rain call by noon on Friday.
The Honors Reception will still take place at the Bloch Executive Hall from from 2:00-2:30pm
Name: Nancy Wilkinson
Director of Special Events
Name: Beth Follmer
Spring 2015 Commencement Ceremony
Swinney Recreation Center
Friday, May 15, 4 p.m.
Purchasing Academic Regalia
· Undergraduates must purchase cap and gown at the University Bookstore. Masters students purchase cap, gown and hood from the University Bookstore. PhD candidates should purchase their regalia from the University Bookstore.
Robing & Schedule
· An Honors Reception will be held prior to Commencement. Further information regarding time and location will be posted in the coming weeks. Students being honored will receive invitations. Recognition will be given to undergraduates, graduate, and EMBA students. Everyone is welcome to attend.
· At this time you will receive instructions on how to walk in processional, where to sit in Swinney, and how to walk across the stage for the reading of names.
· Procession begins at 3:55 p.m. sharp from Bloch School into Swinney Recreation Center.
· Commencement ceremony begins at 4 pm.
Please RSVP at the Commencement website: http://www.umkc.edu/commencement/. No tickets are required and you are welcome to bring as many guests as you would like.
Parking, including handicapped, is available at the Atterbury Student Success Center and Performing Arts Center. Maps and directions available online: http://www.umkc.edu/maps/
If you anticipate your guests needing special arrangements such as wheelchair access or assistance for the hearing impaired, please note this on the RSVP website or contact the Commencement Coordinator.