Congratulations SCE Graduates!
Parking will be free in every lot of the UMKC Campus. If special guest seating or parking is needed, contact the coordinators.
Schedule for the Day of Commencement, Friday, May 16, 2014
7:45 AM – 9:00 AM
The Dean’s Commencement Breakfast Reception, location to be determined and announced with invitation.
Please save the date and invite your family and friends to attend with you. Official invitations will be sent to all Graduates via email in mid-April requesting an RSVP and the number of guests attending with you.
Your family will enjoy attending if they are able, so please ask them to save this time to spend with you.
Guests will begin to be seated in Swinney Recreation Center at 5030 Holmes Street, on the UMKC Campus.
Graduates must go to Robing Ceremony Preparations in Pierson Auditorium located in the Atterbury Student Success Center.
Bring only your cap, gown, and tassel.
Undergraduate degree recipients wear their tassels on the right side of the mortarboard.
Graduate Degree recipients wear their tassels on the left side of the mortarboard.
Tassels for Computer Science are gold and Engineering is orange. The Bookstore shelved them side by side for ease of locating.
You may wish to use bobby pins to hold your mortarboard in place and safety to pins to secure your regalia. Please bring them with you.
Commencement Ceremony begins. Graduates will process from Pierson Auditorium to Swinney Recreation Center
• All those planning to walk at the Commencement Ceremony must wear regalia. Graduates can order a cap, gown, hood, and tassel.at the UMKC Bookstore.
• A graduation guide will be emailed to SCE graduates late March/early April.
• Graduates MUST NOT carry anything in their hands during the ceremony. Give your personal belongings, such as purses, cameras and other possessions, to your guests for safekeeping. If you have no guests to take your things, try to plan accordingly. There is no food, drink, or smoking allowed inside Swinney Recreation Center.
• You will not receive your actual diploma during the ceremony. Diplomas will be available for pick up after 45 days from the end of the semester at the Registrar’s Office, Room 115, 5115 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64110. After 60 days, diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on your application for graduation. If you have an address change, please update the information in Pathway.
• There will be no time for personal pictures prior to the Ceremony. Arrangements for taking personal photographs can be made after the Ceremony.