As part of the Counseling Center’s commitment to promote positive individual mental health and a healthy campus environment, the Center offers outreach presentations on a variety of topics to the UMKC community. These presentations are available to classes, residential groups and student organizations by completing the program request form below or by contacting Dr. Tamilia Reed at 816-235-1257. A minimum of three weeks' advance notice is required for scheduling programs.
- Introduction to Counseling Center Services
- Stress Management
- Suicide Prevention
- Relaxation/Meditation/Mindfulness Skills
- Getting Better Sleep
- Test Anxiety
- Eating Disorders and Body Image Concerns
- How To Help A Friend
- Examining Your Relationship With Alcohol and Other Substances
- Is It Depression or Just the Blues?
- Transitioning to College-Level Academics
- Healthy Relationships
- Building Assertiveness Skills
- Get In The Zone: Using HeartMath to Manage Stress (note: HeartMath is a biofeedback program available for student use in the MindBody Connection; this presentation introduces participants to its use and benefits.)
*Note: Most programs listed above are designed for a 45-60 minute time slot and generally cannot be combined unless a longer time frame is allotted.
Other program topics may be available. Contact the Outreach Coordinator to discuss your program idea. The Center reserves the right to limit outreach activities during busy times of the semester. Please be advised that the Center also requests to review and approve any advertising for programs, to ensure accuracy.
Presentation request form (This form is NOT to be used for scheduling counseling appointments.)