As part of the Counseling Center’s commitment to promote positive individual mental health and a healthy campus environment, the Center offers outreach presentations on a variety of topics to the UMKC community. These presentations are available to classes, residential groups and student organizations by completing the program request form below or by calling the Outreach Coordinator, Rachel Pierce, at 816-235-5186. A minimum of two weeks' advance notice is required for scheduling programs.
- Introduction to Counseling Center Services
- Stress Management
- Relaxation/Meditation Skills
- Getting Better Sleep
- Perfectionism: Breaking the Superhuman Cycle
- Hooked Online: Internet Addiction
- Eating Disorders and Body Image Concerns
- Long-Distance Relationships
- How To Help A Friend
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Examining Your Relationship With Alcohol and Other Substances
- Is It Depression or Just the Blues?
- Getting The Most From Class Lectures
- Note-Taking 101
- Test Anxiety
- Transitioning to College-Level Academics
- Get In The Zone: Using HeartMath to Manage Stress
*Note: Most programs listed above are designed for a 45-60 minute time slot and generally cannot be combined unless a longer time frame is available.
Other program topics may be available. Contact the Outreach Coordinator to discuss your program idea. The Center reserves the right to limit outreach activities during busy times of the semester. Please be advised that the Center also requests to review and approve any advertising for programs, to ensure accuracy.