- Architectural studies faculty are practicing professionals or are engaged in scholarly and applied research.
- The faculty have studied at top schools around the country and bring that training to the classroom. A few of the institutions represented: University of Pennsylvania, Yale University, University of California - Berkeley and Washington University.
- Faculty serve as mentors and offer career contacts to help students enter the profession.
- AIAS (American Institute of Architecture Students) is a national organization for students studying architecture and related fields. Every year students attend national and regional AIAS meetings around the country.
- SEARCH (Students Engaged in Artistic and Academic Research) supports undergraduate research at UMKC. Architectural studies students have received numerous awards at the annual spring symposium.
Students routinely participate in local professional organizations such as:
- Young Architects Forum(YAF)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA / KC)
- Women in Design (WID)
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art lecture series
Explore career options for Architectural Studies majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.