- The professionally oriented faculty includes a variety of communication theorists, media historians, journalists, film critics and specialists in radio and television production
- Some of the faculty members’ special interests and research areas are journalism, film propaganda and censorship, animation, radio and video production, interpersonal communication, intercultural communication, and film theory and history.
- Because the faculty is well-connected and professionally active in the field, new concepts and technologies are constantly being integrated into the program.
- Mercury Association: UMKC Student Communicators provides information about educational and career opportunities within the communications industry.
- Student Film League offers screenings and discussion for those interested in film.
- UMKC founded and maintains strong partnerships with DEBATE-Kansas City (Developing Empowerment By Argument, Thought and Engagement), a national award-winning debate program.
Explore career options for Communication Studies majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.