- The full-time French faculty did their graduate work at top universities, including Duke, Johns Hopkins and the University of Pennsylvania.
- Their areas of research include medieval studies, women’s studies, North African literature and culture, French linguistics and 19th and 20th century French literature and history.
- The French faculty collaborate with scholars around the globe on research and teaching projects.
- In addition to the research and teaching, French faculty participate in and direct university-wide programs such as the Honors program and the Women’s & Gender Studies program.
Student organizations/extracurricular activities
- Le Cercle Francais/The French Club
- Weekly conversation table at a nearby cafe
- Participation in the annual Kansas City FilmFest
- Events such as crepe-making parties and film viewings
- Volunteer opportunities in local schools
- Collaborations with area museums
- Regular lectures by visiting scholars and francophone community leaders.
Explore career options for French majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.