- Geosciences faculty members are actively involved in research and professional associations and are internationally recognized for expertise in subjects including: earthquakes, geoarchaeology, climate change, hydrogeology, geophysics, waste management, mineral resources, environmental science, and GIS.
- Faculty members have published a number of books and professional journal articles. Their research has also been featured in Geology, National Geographic, Time, Nature, and Science.
- The department boasts a diverse faculty, who between them are conversant in 10 languages. Women comprise nearly 30 percent of faculty.
Geology Club offers many opportunities to:
- Meet with visiting scientists and lecturers.
- Attend special interest forums and lectures.
- Participate in geological field trips including fossil hunting, rock and mineral collecting, caving, hiking, canoeing and more.
- Attend national geological meetings and conferences.
Explore career options for Geology majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.