- Full-time faculty members are active scholars who hold Ph.D.s earned at major universities.
- All are involved in personal research projects, many of which have carried them throughout the world.
- A number of UMKC historians have received awards for excellence in teaching and outstanding research.
- The History Club offers programs throughout the year for history majors. These include lectures, panels and visits to historical sites.
- Pi Phi, a chapter of the national history honor society, Phi Alpha Theta, is open to undergraduates who have completed 12 hours of upper-level history courses and have a 3.2 grade point average (GPA) or higher. Graduate students must have completed 12 hours and have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
Explore career options for HIstory majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.