- Conservatory faculty are nationally-known, well-respected professionals and clinicians with outstanding reputations in music education.
- 95 percent of UMKC faculty have a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their field.
- UMKC's student-to-faculty ratio is a low 14-to-1.
The Conservatory maintains an affiliation with:
- National Federation of Music Clubs
- CMENC; Student Organization of MENC
- The National Association for Music Education
- American Music Therapy Association
- International Association of Jazz Educators
- American Guild of Organists
- American Choral Directors Association
- New Horizons Community Band
- Sigma Alpha Iota, Mu Phi Epsilon, and Pi Kappa Lambda (national music honor society)
Explore career options for Music Education majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.