- Many of our faculty members are licensed professional engineers.
- Many of our adjunct faculty work as professional engineers in the area and provide real-life expertise to our students.
- Provide many different research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in biomechanics, power, refrigeration applications, materials and transportation.
Our mechanical engineering students are involved in more than 15 student organizations, including:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- National Society/Missouri Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE/MSPE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineering (ASHRAE)
- Tau Beta Pi (TBP) - National Engineering Honor Society
Our mechanical engineering students also participate in the following team competitions:
- Baja Buggy (SAE)
- Human Powered Vehicle (ASME)
Explore career options for Mechanical Engineering majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.