- The full-time faculty members of the Department of Psychology all hold doctoral degrees. Faculty members teach both undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Our faculty conduct research in many areas that impact human health and behavior. Some research subjects include:
- What’s the best way to stop smoking or overcome an eating disorder?
- How can we help people with serious diseases take their medication regularly?
- How we can help people with serious mental illness cope with the world around them?How can we help people make healthy life choices, and what factors influence healthy decision making?
- How can we help people with cancer and their caregivers cope with this disease?
- How do healthy people perceive, pay attention to and feel about things in the world around them?
- Why do people engage in risky sexual behaviors?
- How can other people influence your political attitudes?
The Department of Psychology has an active chapter of Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology, and also sponsors the UMKC Psychology Club. Regular meetings and a variety of events are held throughout the academic year.
Explore career options for Psychology majors at careeronestop.org
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.