- The Urban Planning faculty at UMKC includes scholars who conduct original research as well as engaged professionals who work on many of the most pressing issues in the field.
- The faculty research areas include:
- Environmental planning
- Neighborhood and community development
- Urban design
- Historic preservation
- PDS (Planning and Design Students) is a departmental organization for students studying urban planning and design, as well as related fields. Every year the students attend national and regional conventions around the country.
- APWA (American Public Works Association) is a national organization with a student chapter at UMKC. Students in urban planning and design are active participants in this campus-wide organization.
- Students routinely participate in professional Kansas City organizations, such as APA - American Planning Association / Kansas City Chapter, AIA - American Institute of Architects/Kansas City Chapter, WID - Women in Design, YAF - Young Architects Forum, etc.
Explore career options for Urban Planning and Design majors at careeronestop.org.
Office of Admissions
120 Administrative Center
5115 Oak St.
Kansas City, MO 64112
Relay Missouri: 1-800-735-2966 (TTY)
Students are encouraged to schedule a campus visit by visiting umkc.edu/welcome or calling 816-235-8652.
UMKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.