UMKC, a Top 25 “Best Neighbor” university for positive community impact, is a public institution located in the heart of a vibrant metropolitan area. UMKC seeks creative, productive scholars whose enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity will challenge and inspire our diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
UMKC has openings for the following faculty positions, as listed in the November 12, 2010 issue of The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Ranked by the Princeton Review among the Top 25 Entrepreneurial Colleges and Business Schools in the nation, delivering education to nurture innovative, entrepreneurial leaders.
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Marketing
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Human Resources/Organizational Behavior
The College of Arts and Sciences fosters advances in the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences through its missions of teaching, research and service.
Check UMKC's academic job postings to search for the position you’re interested in. If it is not yet listed please refer to the contact name listed below each position for the status and expected posting date.
- Asst. Professor, Philosophy
Contact: Clancy Martin
- Asst. Professor, Film and Media Arts
Contact: Tom Poe
- Asst. Professor, Advertising or Public Relations
- Asst. Professor, Political Science
Contact: Mona Lyne
- Asst. Professor, Chemistry
- Asst. Professor, Physics (2 positions)
Contact: Wai-Yim Ching
- Asst. Professor, Early American History
Contact: Dennis Merrill
- Assoc. Professor, Black Studies
Contact: Clovis Semmes
- Teaching Asst. Professor, Chemistry (NTT)
Contact: Kathleen Kilway
- Teaching Asst. Professor, Interpersonal and Public Communication (NTT)
Contact: Michael McDonald
Contact: Peter Morello
Nationally and internationally recognized for performance, composition, dance, teaching and scholarship, the Conservatory of Music and Dance attracts top talent from around the world.
- Asst. Professor of Dance
Located in Kansas City — one of the country’s largest engineering cities — SCE is the city’s engineering school, delivering education and research that serves the world.
- Asst. Professor, Civil & Mechanical Engineering (TT or NTT)
The School of Dentistry offers a varied and complete range of experiences for dentistry and dental hygiene students, and for graduate and continuing education students.
- Assoc. Dean for Clinical Affairs
- Endowed Assoc. Professor: Mineralized Tissue, Oral Biology
- Clinical Asst. Professor, Oral Surgery (NTT)
With a national reputation in urban education, the school provides leadership for equitable schools and thriving communities by preparing quality teachers, administrators and counseling professionals.
- Asst./Assoc. Professor, Urban Special Education
Ranked by National Jurist magazine among the top 25 best values in legal education; integrating theory, practice and values to produce outstanding lawyers.
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Law: Corporations, Securities, Tax, Bankruptcy, Commercial
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Law: International Law, Constitutional Law
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Law: Environmental, Urban Law, Health Law
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Law: Constitutional Law
- Asst./Assoc. Professor of Law: Writing and Skills Instruction (NTT)
The School of Nursing emphasizes research spanning the translational continuum from basic science to direct patient care, along with community action research addressing urban health issues, cardiovascular health and women's health.
- Dale and Dorothy Thompson/Missouri Endowed Professorship for Nursing Research
The School of Pharmacy is the only public school of pharmacy in Missouri. The school offers professional practice, non-practice bachelor’s and graduate degrees.
- Clinical Asst./Assoc./Professor, Cardiology (NTT)
- Clinical Asst./Assoc./Professor, Endocrinology (NTT)
- Asst. Director of Experiential Learning (NTT)
It is the fundamental policy of UMKC to provide equal opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam-era veteran status in all educational, employment and contracting activities. UMKC is an Equal Access, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All final candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.