Budget and Planning
The Campus Budget office is a partner and advocate for the effective and efficient use of University resources through planning, analysis, accountability and alignment of resources to priorities.
We are committed to open communication, active campus involvement, collaborative relationships, innovative budgeting.
The vision of the Campus Budget Office at the University of Missouri-Kansas City is to help strengthen all units' contributions to the university's overall missions of teaching, research and service.
Objectives and Measures
- Accuracy/Validity of budget; provide analysis of budget as benchmark and aim to
have a smaller and smaller percentage variance each year.
- Prepare special project financial/budgetary reports on
selected areas on campus as part of our own campus' quest for
financial freedom; provide impact reports on actions of state
and local legislative actions, economic trends, etc. Target two
special reports each year.
- Devise and design helpful financial reports to assist units
with their own budgetary analysis and budget building.
- Develop a campus budget document that provides a budget
summary for campus budget users, both internal and external.
This document should include narrative that explains major
policy changes and critical summary financial information, but
should also be as brief and succinct as possible to encourage
use by the campus customers.
- Either within the campus budget document or in a separate
economic and financial paper, provide information to the campus
and external budget customers of how the UMKC budget is linked
to the overall University of Missouri system budget and the
state of Missouri budget. In this manner, we can demonstrate and
measure our progress toward financial freedom.
- Develop a long-term capital improvement plan that ties major
capital investment and improvement on campus to the operating
and financial needs of the campus.
- Implement an understandable and verifiable resource allocation model that connects achievement of goals to financial resources.
Senior Budget Analyst