Cashiers and Collections

Billing receipts and tax forms

For information about requesting a paid fees letter, click here.

Request for paid fees letter

Official receipts for semesters which have been fully paid are available upon request. You may walk-in to make the request or fax/mail a written request to the office.  You may also access this information online at after the completion of any given semester.  For instructions, click here.

There is up to a 24 hour turn-around on any official receipts requested at the Cashiers Office for the current year. For previous years' receipts, approximately two weeks is needed for the information to be researched and the receipts to be hand-written.

Download the request for paid fees letter.

Please make sure to include a legible copy of a current state ID with this request.

For information about obtaining a 1098-T tax form, click here.

Student 1098-T Tax Information

How to find the 1098‐T online:

Students can view the 1098‐T by following these easy steps:
  • Login to Pathway using your secure SSO and password
  • Select Self Service and then Student Center
  • Scroll down to the Finances selection
  • In the drop‐down box that says "other financial..." click the box and make the selection "Tax Information"
  • Click the arrows next to the box to complete the action.

    The page that opens has information regarding your 1098‐T for the past several years. You will be able to view financial details for boxes 2, 4, 5 and 6 for each year displayed. Additionally, you can click the "view 1098‐T" link to open the completed tax form.

    Request for 1098-T

    You can also request that document in person at the Cashier's Office with a picture ID or by sending a written request via fax or mail.

    For more information about any credits or deductions that you might be eligible for, please visit,,id=213044,00.html.

    Note: UMKC does not provide an amount in Box 1. IRS regulations require that we enter an amount in Box 1 or Box 2; we fill Box 2 due to the ability of students to pay non-educational fees on their student accounts.  Please remember that the amounts listed on your 1098-T form may represent an amount other than the amount actually paid in a given tax year.

    Please make sure to include a legible copy of a current state ID with this request.

  • Resources

    Internal Revenue Service

    Contact information

    Phone: 816-235-1365
    Fax: 816-235-5510

    Physical location

    Administrative Center
    5115 Oak St.
    Room 112
    Kansas City, MO 64112