Privileges of an Organization
- The right to hold meetings and social events in available university facilities.
- The use of university services, where applicable.
- The use of the university name or logo, pending approval from University Communications in connection with publicity, except where specifically prohibited.
- The right to request funds from the Student Government Association or its funding agencies, such as the Student Activity Fee Committee (SAFC) or the academic unit student councils. (See Funding Sources section for more information)
- The right to obtain a UMKC domain for website use as well as an email address and listserv.
- The use of a mailbox in the Student Involvement Office (when available).
- The use of student organization workspace (when available).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A RECOGNIZED ORGANIZATION
- To conduct itself in such a way that the University can support the organization.
- To maintain an active, student-centered program.
- To file with the Student Involvement Office at the beginning of each semester (within the first three weeks of school) an Officer Listing Form and Housing Information Sheet (if applicable). The Student Involvement Office should be notified of any changes that may occur during the year. Your most recent constitution must also be on file with the office.
- Each officer must be in good academic standing in order to hold office.
- To adhere to all rules, policies and standards of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- To check with the Assistant Director in the Student Involvement Office to insure the eligibility of candidates for membership, of candidates for holding offices and of candidates for representing the group or the University in performances of any kind.
- To select its officers according to current University standards.
- To keep accurate financial records. Each organization shall anticipate, provide for and promptly meet their financial obligations in a manner that is fair and equitable to its past, present and future members. Recognition of an organization does not in any way imply that the University has any financial responsibility or liability for any of the organizations' acts or obligations.
- To attend workshops and training sessions offered by the Student Involvement Office that acquaint officers not only with University procedures, but also assist them in becoming good leaders of their organizations.
- Use of the University name and/or logo shall be limited to recognized student organizations. It shall be used only for identification and must not be used to imply a position of the University.