Meal Plan Information and Venues
All residents of Oak Street and Johnson Halls are required to purchase one of five meal plans:
- 15 Meals with $125 Flex/semester: $2,857/academic year
- 12 Meals with $175 Flex/semester: $2,734/academic year
- 180 Meal Block Plan with $175 Flex/semester: $2,841/academic year
- 160 Meal Block Plan with $200 Flex/semester: $2,841/academic year
- 140 Meal Block Plan with $300 Flex/semester: $3,061/academic year
The 15 and 12 meal plans are on a weekly basis (any meals not used by the end of the week are lost), while the 180, 160 and 140 block plans are on a semester basis (students can use these meals at any time in the semester). Students can also use meals for guests with the block plans, but are unable to do so with the weekly meal plans.
Oak Place residents have the option to select a commuter meal plan.
Students must budget their meals, regardless of their eating style. It's easy to use up the flex allowance rapidly if money is frequently being spent on high-priced items. It's equally important to use the meals and the flex cash often, even if you are away from campus a great deal. Unused meal credits are lost at the end of the week/semester (depending on the plan), and unused flex cash is lost at the end of the semester. For more information regarding dining options and service, visit the Dining Services website.
You may opt to change your meal plan at any time before the beginning of the school year and up through the first week or during the semester break. Any money remaining on your balance at the end of each semester will be lost, so it is important to spend your money wisely.
There are no summer meal plans available.
Oak Place Apartments
Meal plans are not required for living in the apartments. Oak Place residents still have the option to select a meal plan, however, by going to the One Card Office in the Student Union.
Cafeteria Information and Hours
When you arrive at the Cafeteria, you must have your student ID card. Your student ID card will serve as your meal pass. It will be treated like a debit card for flex cash purchases, automatically keeping record of your flex cash balance. You may use your student ID at any food service area on campus, thus providing you with a wide variety of meal options.
Meals will be served in accordance with the contract selected, beginning with Friday, August 17, 2012 (second semester: Friday, January 18, 2013). Meal service ends after dinner Friday, December 7, 2012 (second semester: Friday, May 17, 2013). No meals will be served during scheduled vacations and holidays or during vacation periods subsequently declared by the Board of Curators. Full meal service will be provided Monday through Friday. Weekend service begins at 11 a.m. Unused meal plan points are lost at the contract end date.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
- Full Breakfast: 7 - 9:30 a.m.
- Continental Breakfast: 9:30 - 11 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Deli Lunch: 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 - 7 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays
- Brunch: 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 - 7 p.m.
- UMKC Café - in the Student Success Center
- Einstein Bros. Bagels - in Royall Hall
- Smart Market - in Oak Street Residence Hall
- Robot Café - in Miller Nichols Library
- Hospital Hill Café - in the new Health Sciences Building
- Subconnection - in the Student Union
- Jazzman's - in the Student Union
- Baja Fresh - in the Student Union
- Chick-fil-A - in the Student Union