As a UMKC employee, there are many additional benefits you have that you may not be aware of. Benefit Extras are a group of special benefits that provide you with various discounts and perks that you can take advantage of just for being a UMKC employee!
Two Ways to Save!
(1) Take advantage of the many discounts that we have to offer below. These discounts are separated by category and offer discounts to many venues, hotels and events around the city.
(2) UMKC has partnered with the PerksCard network in order to expand and offer many more discounts! This network of discounts require you to register (Free) and print off an exclusive UMKC PerksCard. These discounts are only available to employees who print off this special discount card.
Please visit the UMKC PerksCard Network Page for more information.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
UMKC does not endorse or affirm the quality of products or services provided by the discount vendors. UMKC provides a listing of discount programs offered by local businesses. The information contained is believed to be reliable and every effort is made to assure the information is as accurate as possible.
UMKC at no time endorses nor recommends any specific commercial products, process or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, and does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring.
Discount proposals originate from referrals by UMKC employees or by direct contact from a vendor.
Discounts are subject to change without notice.
All Seasons Heating & Air, Inc
Alamo Car Rentals
Avis Car Rental
Blessed Health & Home Care
Brio Tuscan Grille
Bonner Springs Ford
Dr. Jay Peters (Hypnosis, Marriage Counseling & Addiction Therapy)
Freeman Falcon & Bittner at UBS Financial Services
Great Wolf Lodge
Jack Miller KIA
Lee's Summit Honda
Lee's Summit Subaru
National Car Rental
Rinehart Counseling Inc.
RSVP Med Spa
Sabates Eye Centers
San Diego Zoo
US Solar G
UM Educational Assistance Program for Employees
UM Tuition Reduction Program for Spouses and Dependents
Personal & Professional Development
Communiversity - up to 33% discount
UMKC Conservatory of Music & Dance Private Lessons - 20% discount
National Seminars Group - 25% discount
Television, Home Phone & Internet
* Full-time employees of UMKC may receive special rates or equipment discounts when they demonstrate proof of employment.
Prospective members can utilize the Open Doors pricing. This requires bringing in a valid taxes, or two current check stubs. By doing this, an individual member can possibly pay $46-$63 vs. the $58 listed above. The pricing is completely dependent on the age and income level of the prospective member.
Please visit the
rate calculator for more information.
Please visit the rate calculator for more information.
Employees can take advantage and join the 10,000+ participating fitness centers nationwide including Curves, 24 Hour Fitness, Bally Total Fitness, Anytime Fitness (plus thousands of local and regional favorites) and and get GlobalFit's guaranteed lowest rates.
Please contact Jesse Neris directly at 800-294-1500, ext. 322, to find gyms near you and get started with your savings.
- UMKC Counseling Center - Free Consultation, Follow-up sessions: $20
- UMKC School of Education Community Counseling & Assessment Services - offers services on a sliding scale to the Greater KC Community