Employee Relations provides services to employees, managers and supervisors to create a positive work environment for everyone. We focus on promoting good management practices and workplace behaviors, positive working environments and relationships through a variety of services including:
- Consulting with individuals and departments to foster a positive and productive work environment at UMKC.
- Providing conflict resolution options including: consultation, facilitation and training.
- Investigating and resolving work-related complaints.
- Advising and training departments on corrective actions and administering the University’s progressive discipline process.
- Providing coaching and training regarding the University’s performance appraisal system.
- Advising individuals and departments on UMKC policy and procedures.
- Provide guidance and information related to The Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We can assist in resolving a myriad of complaints that may arise in the workplace. Many complaints start out as a problem with communication or Misconceptions that lead to interpersonal conflict. We can assist individuals and groups with:
- Clarifying expectations
- Establishing accountability
- Facilitating understanding
- Reaching consensus
- Setting goals
- Training teams to work effectively
While most complaints can be resolved informally, we can also assist employees and supervisors with formal resolution options including:
Consulting with employee and supervisors related to university policy
Discrimination & Sexual Harassment
UMKC is committed to the principle that the learning and working environment of our students,
employees, and guests will be free from sexual harassment. If you feel that you have been discriminated against or
sexually harassed please contact the Office of Affirmative Action immediately.
UMKC is committed to the principle that the learning and working environment of our students, employees, and guests will be free from sexual harassment. If you feel that you have been discriminated against or sexually harassed please contact the Office of Affirmative Action immediately.
If you need to discuss a matter with the employee relations staff, we will maintain confidentiality in a manner consistent with State and Federal regulations. Some situations may require further investigation or consultation with other campus representatives. In such cases, employees will be consulted and information will only be shared with other individuals on a need-to-know basis.