Payroll | Time Approver
Managers and supervisors who are responsible for approving time for the employees that report to them. In some instances, Time Approvers may have a delegate. Time Approvers are able to report and adjust an employee’s time. This process replaces the use of the paper time sheet with an electronic time sheet.
Deadlines are posted on HR Website and typically follow this pattern:
- Pay Period Ends on Saturday 11:59 pm.
- Following Monday: Time Approvers must have all time approved by 5:00 pm
- Pay period is the first through last day of month. The only time reported is paid time off.
You may approve time throughout the pay period up until the date indicated on the calendar found at http://www.umkc.edu/hr/payroll/. HR recommends you approve time weekly.
The “Time Admin (Time Administration)” Process runs to make that time available for approval. This is on a schedule. For BIW employees the process runs 3 times each day at 6:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. For MON employees the process runs 4 times each day at 7:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM.
Approve time through: https://hrprd.umsystem.edu/psp/prd/?cmd=login
Approve Payable Time Navigation:
Manager Self Service>Time Management>Approve Time and Exceptions>Payable Time
Viewing and Adjusting Time using Time Sheets:
Manager Self Service>Time Management>Report Time>Timesheet
Viewing a Summary of Employee Payable Time:
Manager Self Service>Time Management>View Time>Payable Time Summary
- Make sure you notify your HRF of any personnel actions at least a week prior to the effective date.
- Your HRF or Time Keeper can set up a delegate approver for you. Remember ALL employees for which you have the authority to approve can be viewed by that delegate. (If you are a higher level manager, who oversees other supervisors, all of the people who report to the mid level supervisors can be viewed by the delegate named by the high level manager.)
- If you change entered time, you are to discuss or notify the employee of the change.
- Approvers cannot convert Overtime to Compensatory time.
- Time Approvers can view 60 days in the future and 30 days past the current time period.
- Group ID is the best way to view all employees.
- If you don’t know your Group ID, contact your HRF or Time Keeper for your unit.
- Don’t use a start date when approving payable time. If one of your employees has entered time that has not been processed you may not pick it up when approving new time.
- Don’t forget hyperlinked locations on page provide information:
- Basic instructions at the top under “Click for Instructions”
- Paid Time Off balances on the lower left
- Move to the next time period at the upper right.
- Leave balance information is updated on the fourth day of each pay period.
- Two steps are required : Must always Save time and Submit time.
- If asked by the system to check for errors, say Yes.
- You can use the comments bubble. Please note comments can be viewed by management and should be professional. Once a comment is saved it cannot be edited.
- Before Adjusting time, always verify that the Dates are correct.
- Employees can access and report time through their time sheet through 11:59 on the last day of the pay period only. For monthly employees, paid time off may be reported in advance of using it as the payroll is generally finalized prior to the end of the month.
- If you are have “timesheet disappearing” access issues:
- Clear Browser Cache (You need to delete ALL, not just temporary files)
- Only have one window logged into Peoplesoft (multiple windows/instances could cause conflicts)
- Confirm access into HRPRD89 and not through myHR or QA or RPT
- Take note of browser being used (IE vs. Firefox vs. Chrome) and what version
- Note any “Search Bars” being used on the browser, such as Yahoo! or Google.
- Find a PC where people are not experiencing issues and attempt to log in there.
- Report to the Human Resources payroll office if you have tried with no success.