Recruitment | Criminal Background Check Process – Academic Hires
Criminal Background Check Process – Academic Hires
- A final candidate is identified.
- A tentative offer of employment is extended by the hiring manager or designee, contingent upon successful background check results. The online Criminal Background Check information is provided to the final candidate by the hiring manager or designee.
- The HR Facilitator will notify the Recruiter of an Academic hire b creating a Job Offer in eRecruit. (Note: Recruiter will NOT contact Academic applicants regarding offers unless otherwise requested.)
- The online profile and account is created by the final candidate.
- The final candidate's criminal background check is investigated (3 business days anticipated turnaround time). The Recruiter receives the criminal background check report.
- If no adverse information is discovered, the Recruiter notifies the HR Facilitator or designee to proceed with extending the official offer and continue to follow that department’s hiring process.
- If job-related adverse information is discovered, the Recruiter initiates conversations with the Provost designee. Provost designee will then discuss with the appropriate Dean and Department Chair for review and recommendation. The Provost will make the ultimate hiring decision.