Recruitment | Criminal Background Check Process – Administrative, Service or Support Hires
Criminal Background Check Process – Administrative, Service or Support Hires
- A final candidate is identified.
- A decision to hire is made by the hiring manager. Desired salary, start date, and references are emailed to HR Facilitator, with a copy to Recruiter.
- The department HR Facilitator will obtain appropriate approvals, attach references, and create the Job Offer in eRecruit.
- Tentative offer of employment is extended by the Recruiter, contingent upon successful background check results; the HR Facilitator and anyone else attached to the job opening will be notified by email.
- The online Criminal Background Check information is provided to final candidate by Recruiter.
- The online profile and account is created by the final candidate.
- Final candidate’s criminal background check is investigated (three business days anticipated turnaround time).
- Recruiter receives criminal background check report.
- If no adverse information is discovered, the Recruiter confirms start date with final candidate and notifies the hiring manager and/or designee.
- If job-related adverse information is discovered, the Recruiter initiates conversation with the head of Human Resources who will make the ultimate hiring decision.