Faculty Application & Selection Process
Courses in the HSCP curriculum are taught by experienced high school teachers, all with advanced degrees, who qualify to teach at the college level. Every faculty member in the program is approved for adjunct lecturer status by the appropriate academic department at the University.
Any high school teacher is eligible for adjunct faculty appointment provided they meet the following conditions:
- Hold a Masters degree in the subject they wish to teach or
- Hold a Master's degree in any other subject area, with a minimum of 18 hours of graduate level course work in the subject they wish to teach.
To apply, a prospective teacher needs to supply UMKC with the following:
- A Cover Letter (containing the courses they wish to teach and the semester(s) in which they would be taught).
- A Letter of Support from their High School Principal. This letter needs to contain:
- The applicants name.
- The courses they wish to teach.
- The semester(s) in which they would teach them.
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae.
- Their official graduate transcripts.
They are requested to submit application documents to:
HSCP Program Director
University of Missouri-Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road, 302 Scofield
Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
The University Approval Process includes the following steps:
- The applicant's documents are reviewed by the University Department.
- The faculty applicant must be approved by the Academic Chairperson.
- Upon recommendation of the chairperson, appointment is made by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.