GKCWP Summer Invitational Institute
General Informaion & Scholarship Application
Each year the HSCP supports a candidate for the Greater Kansas City Writing Project (GKCWP) Summer Invitational Institute. To be considered for this scholarship, you must first be nominated for enrollment in the institute. For more information regarding the GKCWP Summer Invitational Institute's nomination process, please visit their website at www.umkc.edu/gkcwp.
If you have been formally invited to attend the GKCWP Summer Invitational Institute and are interested in applying for the HSCP scholarship to do so, you will need to fill out the Scholarship Application Form and submit it to Katie Kline, the Director of the GKCWP. Her address is 106 Cockefair Hall, 5100 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, Mo. 64110-2499, and her phone number is (816) 235-2554. You can contact her for further information. Her email is email@example.com.
Guidelines for selecting a candidate:
- The interview committee talks with the applicant and decides on the best candidate.
- Candidate must be involved in the HSCP or be a potential HSCP teacher acquiring the necessary graduate hours in English.
- The committee must confirm the candidate’s eligibility with the Director of the HSCP.
- Applications for the scholarship are due no later than Feb 28. The committee will select a candidate no later than April 1.
- The scholarship will be for up to six hours of credit and the cost of the text.
- No one who has already participated may receive the scholarship unless no other candidates apply.
The selection of the candidate is at the discretion of the interviewing committee, but the following are considerations:
- Leadership ability -- participants often go on to lead others through the process.
- Personality/social skills—an ability to work well with others.
- Commitment/dedication—a strong desire to learn or stay updated in the field.
- Need - the candidate least able to pay would definitely be a consideration but certainly not limited to need.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact:
Katie Kline at UMKC Department of English
5100 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, MO 64110
Fax: 816.235.1308 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org