Dean's Scholarship Information
The UMKC High School/College Partnerships' (HSCP) College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) Dean's Scholarship, provides up to $5,000 annually (this amount is subject to change) every year an eligible student remains in a degree program in the College of Arts & Sciences. These awards are specifically intended for students who are graduating from high school and have successfully completed at least one UMKC course at their high school administrated through the HSCP. The A&S Dean's Scholarship is only available to full-time on-campus students seeking degrees at UMKC. Click here to view a copy of Associate Dean Sandreczki's Announcement Letter.
Special Scholarships Available!
Individual HSCP A&S Dean's Scholarships have been designated for students in specific areas of study in an effort to stimulate interest in the following disciplines:
To qualify for the HSCP A&S Dean's Scholarships you must:
- Be a high school senior planning to graduate in Spring Semester who has successfully completed at least one UMKC course at your high school through the High School/College Partnerships dual credit program by the time of graduation.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.75 or a score of 21 or higher on the ACT and be admitted to UMKC as a degree seeking student in good standing.
- Indicate an interest in at least one of the academic programs in the College of Arts and Sciences listed below. This interest should be indicated your HSCP A&S Dean's Scholarship Application.
- You must also indicate a College of Arts and Sciences program as your primary interest area on the UMKC Admissions Application.
Work can be submitted in any of the following formats (or a combination):
- Color Slides
- JPEG files on a CD-ROM readable on Mac or PC
- Color Prints (8-1/2" x 11" or smaller)
- Time based and interactive art on DVD or VHS
Portfolios must be accompanied by a separate sheet of paper with the following information:
- Student's contact information (name, home address, phone number, e-mail address,
and name of high school).
- List of submitted art work (medium, size, and name of class for which it was created, if applicable). This list should be numbered and correspond with the artwork submitted (slides, prints, or computer files labeled 1, 2, etc. or 1.peg, 2.jpeg, etc.)
Students must also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if they want these materials to be returned.
Academic Disciplines in the College of Arts and Sciences
|Communication Studies||Criminal Justice & Criminology||Debate|
|Geology||History||Mathematics & Statistics|
|Studio Art||Theatre||Urban Planning & Design|
HSCP Dean’s Scholarship Application Checklist:
Complete and submit a UMKC Admissions Application, including high school transcript and ACT scores. (You must apply for admission and be accepted to UMKC to be considered for this scholarship.
Complete and submit the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) form found at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. (Financial need may be considered in the selection of Dean’s Scholarship award candidates, and it is recommended that all applicants file the FAFSA form by the priority deadline of March 1.)
Complete the HSCP Dean’s Scholarship Application, consisting of:
Submit the complete application by the APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2011, to:
Dr. Tom Sandreczki, Associate Dean
College of Arts & Sciences
University of Missouri-Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road, 302 Scofield Hall
Kansas City, MO 64110-2499