Eligibility & Ineligibility
- Students under the age of 18 MUST have permission from a parent or legal guardian to register for UMKC dual credit courses. This permission should be presented to their instructor prior to registration.
- Eligible students have been defined as having a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or a minimum score of 22 on their ACT.
- Students may be certified eligible by high school counselors or course instructors as a result of individual assessment.
- Students enrolling in HSCP classes must have the recommendation of the high school principal who may designate appropriate instructors in subject areas and high school counselors to make recommendations in his/her place.
- Students must have completed all prerequisites for the course and any other requirements as may be needed for the same course for on-campus students.
- Students earning college credit in a course must have satisfied state graduation requirements in subject area. (In schools where state mandated subjects are taken in grades 9-10, junior and senior students may enroll for both college and high school elective credit. In schools not offering state mandated courses in grades 9-10 junior and senior students will received credit simultaneously for both college work and high school graduation requirements).
- Freshmen and sophomores with superior academic talents may take dual credit courses. Freshmen and sophomores must demonstrate their competency by scoring at the 90th percentile or above on the ACT or SAT. Moreover, the recommending high school counselor and the college academic department official must concur that a younger student can benefit from dual credit in the specific course and learn at the collegiate level.
- A student may become ineligible to register for new course enrollments because of unpaid fees from a previous semester. Payment to the University of Missouri-Kansas City Cashier’s Office clears the administrative hold on a student account and permits enrollment to proceed.
- It is the joint responsibility of students and their parents to promptly contact the HSCP Office as soon as unpaid balances have been cleared in order that enrollments on hold may be resubmitted to the campus Records and Registration office.