- Information Access
- About Us
- Software & Applications
- eLearning Blog
Learning Management System
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Blackboard Help and Support
- Login Issues
- Quick Support Issues
- Course Enrollment
- Course Content and Site Management
Our office is open from 7:00am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Monday through Friday. You can reach us at 816-235-6700. We also offer live online chat through the Blackboard login page on Sunday and Monday nights, from 6:00pm - 10:00pm and on Tuesdays from 8:00pm to 10:00pm.
"I can't log in to Blackboard." | PDF
If you do not remember your username contact the IS Call Center.
If you do not remember your password click Forgot My Password here.
I need to change the language settings in Blackboard. (i.e. My Blackboard site is in a language I do not understand)
Detailed, step-by-step instructions for changing the language in Blackboard (images included). PDF
Course(s) Missing from "My Courses" List in Blackboard | PDF
- Verify that you are the instructor for the course by logging into Pathway and making sure that you are listed as the instructor in the course. If you need help using Pathway visit the Pathway Training website.
- If you are listed as the instructor, there are two possible causes for your courses
not showing on Blackboard:
You may have duplicate accounts.
Reasons for duplicated accounts include: having applied or been enrolled in any other UM System school, having been a student at UMKC previously, or having attended UMKC as an undergrad and now attending as a UMKC professional school student.
Your Blackboard and Pathway accounts may not be syncing.
If none of your courses are showing in Blackboard, there may be an issue with your accounts. If one or more of your courses are showing in Blackboard, this is a less likely cause.
In either case: Contact UMKC Instructional Technology by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (816) 235 – 6700 to have the problem fixed.
- If you are not listed as the instructor for the course, contact the academic unit and department scheduler for your department to be added to the course in Pathway as an instructor. The list of schedulers is available on the Registration and Records website. After you are added to the course in Pathway, you will have access to the Blackboard site within 1 business day.
I've registered for a course in Pathway. Why can’t I currently access the course in Blackboard?
- Courses are generally accessible about one week prior to the course start date. If it is more than seven days before the course begins, please check back when it is closer to the course start date. If you are trying to access a course within seven days from the start date, please contact our onsite Information Technology Support Group for assistance.
I previously used Blackboard, but I am now taking a new course, do I need to create a new account?
- No. One Blackboard account is established for each UMKC student. When a student registers for a new course, the course is automatically associated with their account.
Student listed in Pathway Roster but not Blackboard Roster
There are a few possible causes:
- The student did not enroll in the correct course on Pathway.
- The student has been enrolled in the course for less than one day.
- The student goes by a different name than the name registered in the UMKC database.
- The student has duplicate accounts.
|The student did not enroll in the correct course on Pathway.||The student should review the course in Pathway and make sure they are enrolled in the correct course and section.|
|The student has been enrolled in the course for less than one day.||Once a student has enrolled in the course on Pathway, it can take one business day for the student to be enrolled in the Blackboard course site for the course.|
|The student goes by a different name than the name registered in the UMKC database.||Ask the student if they go by a name other than their legal name. Verify that either name is on the Blackboard roster.|
|The student has duplicate accounts. Reasons for duplicated accounts include: having applied or been enrolled in any other UM System school, having been a student at UMKC previously, or having attended UMKC as an undergrad and now attending as a UMKC professional school student.||Contact UMKC Instructional Technology by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (816) 235 – 6700 to have the problem fixed.|
- Course Menu is Missing - Only Course Entry Point is Visible
- Course Site Editing Tools are Missing. I Can't Edit My Site
"I am having a problem uploading a file in Blackboard. What do I do?"
Verify from the list below that the file name does not contain invalid characters. Acceptable characters include:
- Numbers (0-9)
- Underscores (_)
|Invalid File Names||Valid File Names|