- Information Access
- About Us
- Software & Applications
- eLearning Blog
Learning Management System
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Blackboard Help and Support
Who do I contact for help with Blackboard?
Our office is open from 7:00am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday, Monday through Friday. You can reach us at 816-235-6700. We also offer live online chat through the Blackboard login page on Sunday and Monday nights, from 6:00pm - 10:00pm and on Tuesdays from 8:00pm to 10:00pm.
If you do not know your username call the UMKC Call Center at (816) 235 – 2000 between 7AM – 7PM (Monday – Thursday) or 7AM – 6PM (Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not remember your password go to http://pathway.umkc.edu and click Forgot My Password.
Cannot Log into Blackboard PDF
Please note: Courses are generally accessible about one week prior to the course start date. If it is more than seven days before the course begins, please check back when it is closer to the course start date. If you are trying to access a course within seven days from the start date, please contact our onsite Information Technology Support Group for assistance.
I've registered for a course in Pathway. Why can't I currently access the course in Blackboard?
All enrollment in Blackboard course sites is driven by Pathway enrollment. Once you have enrolled in a course through Pathway, you will be enrolled in the corresponding Blackboard course site within 1 business day. Instructors do not have access to enroll students in the Blackboard course sites. If your course or courses are not showing in Blackboard, use the following steps to solve the problem:
- Check Enrollment in Pathway: Check Pathway to make sure it shows your enrollment in the course. If you are not sure how to use Pathway click About Pathway in the Help Links section of the Pathway site.
- Check for Holds in Pathway: Check in Pathway to see if there are any holds on your account. Holds will prevent you from accessing your courses in Blackboard. To find out if you have a hold on your account:
- Login to Pathway
- Click Student Center.
- In the right column, there is a section called Holds. Click details for more information about the holds.
- Course Availability: If you see the course in Pathway and you have no holds, email the instructor to see if they have made the course available. If he/she has not made the course available, you will not see the course in your course list in Blackboard.
- Other Possible Issues: If the above steps do not provide an answer for why your courses are not showing in Blackboard, contact the Call Center at 816-235-2000 or email@example.com
Course(s) Missing from My Courses List in Blackboard PDF
Quick Support Answers
How do I get to my courses in Blackboard?
- Once you log into Blackboard, you will be able to access your courses from the My UMKC tab in the My Courses box.
I previously used Blackboard, but I am now taking a new course, do I need to create a new account?
- No. One Blackboard account is established for each UMKC student. When a student registers for a new course, the course is automatically associated with their account.
I need to change the language settings in Blackboard.
- Detailed, step-by-step instructions for changing the language in Blackboard (images included). PDF
User Manuals and Training
Where do I locate training materials online?
Please use the links below to access Blackboard manuals.
- Blackboard Student Manual
- Discussion Board
- Create a New Message