- Software & Applications
Electronic Mailing List
- What is Listserv?
- How to update your email with Listserv
- Listserv Mailing Lists
- Web Interface for Managing Lists
- How to register for with the Listserv Web Site
- How to add, remove, update subscribers
- Most Used Commands
- External Resources
L-Soft's LISTSERV software lists can be configured to fit a wide range of needs and purposes, with multiple levels of moderation, formats such as announcement-only or free-discussion, message archiving, daily/weekly digests, and many other features. List owners have a great deal of control and flexibility. LISTSERV also supports multiple owners and/or editors, allowing a list to be administered by a team. Mailing lists are available for use by student, staff, or faculty organizations, professional or academic-interest groups, classes, academic or staff units, etc.
Request a Listserv: http://www.umkc.edu/ia/its/forms/listserv-form.cfm
If you are a subscriber and just want to update your new UMKC email address, which ends with mail.umkc.edu then follow these steps:
- Know your list name. If you do not remember it, find any old email from listserv and have the name ready.
- Copy and paste this URL into any web browser. This has a generic address, so it will not work properly until you supply it with the correct list name: http://listserv.umkc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&A=1
- On XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, first remove all XXXX and then type your list name instead. Just make sure there are no spaces in your list name.
- You should get a page that says Join or Leave the Listserv. Fill out your name and your new email address. Click on Join [YOUR LIST NAME].
- After successfully completing the above steps, your new email address will be updated in the listserv.
Instructional Technologies offers and supports e-mail list services using L-Soft's LISTSERV software, which allows list owners a great deal of control and flexibility. Lists can be configured to fit a wide range of needs and purposes, with multiple levels of moderation, formats such as announcement-only or free-discussion, message archiving, daily/weekly digests, and many other features.
LISTSERV also supports multiple owners and/or editors, allowing a list to be run by a team instead of by only one person.
These mailing lists are available for use by student, staff, or faculty organizations, professional or academic-interest groups, classes, academic or staff units, etc.
If you are interested in having an e-mail list created for you, fill out this online form: http://www.umkc.edu/ia/its/forms/listserv-form.cfm
For any UMKC Listserv questions, please feel free to contact UMKC Instructional Technologies at 816-235-6700.
- Navigate to http://listserv.umkc.edu/scripts/wa.exe?INDEX
- Wait for confirmation email sent by listserv. It usually take a few minutes.
- After confirming, log on to the URL in step 1. Click on 'Log in' under options. Then Click on 'List Management' and select 'Subscriber Management'. Multiple emails can be viewed by pull down menu.
The UMKC Listserv web login page offer users the option of login, change password or get a new user name and password. If you have not yet registered with UMKC Listserv, then you need to register first. Registration requires your email address and password. List owners, please register with the same email address that you are currently listed as owners on your list. After a successful registration you will be able to see your lists. Lists are listed under "List Management" and then clicking on "Subscriber Management".
You can read the directions OR watch the short video clip below:
Add, Update Subscribers:
Under 'List Management' select 'Subscriber Management'. If you have multiple lists then they all appear from a pull down menu. Select your list, which will take you to a page where you can Examine or delete subscription, Add New Subscriber and Review list.
Delete and Update Subscriber:
Put subscriber email address in 'Examine or Delete Subscription' and click on search. If the subscriber email was found then it will take you to next page. This is the Subscriber Management Page. Here you only check the Notifications options, name and email address. you can leave Subscription type, mail header style, acknowledgements and miscellaneous as default. Bottom of the page make your selection by clicking on delete.
If you are just updating subscriber info. such as name, then select update.
For all Bulk operations please contact Ali Haider at 816-235-1421.
If you are interested in having an e-mail list created for you, fill out this online form. For any UMKC Listserv questions, please feel free contact UMKC Instructional Technologies at 816-235-6700.
You use your email to send commands. Always send commands to this email address: email@example.com
Only list owner can perform these commands. If you are not sure then please email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.Always use plain text email; any other format will be rejected by listserv. In the body of the email [do not put command in subject line], type your commands. The most commonly used commands are:
delete email address
delete list name email address
add email address
add list name email address
To get total number of subscribers on the list, with their email addresses.
Review list name
To add Multiple Subscribers
QUIET ADD listname
For example if you are adding JohnDoe@none.edu into existing list called Ulist, then you will type your command like this: Add Ulist JohnDoe@none.edu John Doe
- UMKC Listserv: Web Interface URL
- List Subscriber's Manual [HTML]
- List Owner's Manual [HTML]
- Listserv-help online searchable source
- L-Soft's Home Page