UMKC Information Services is in the process of implementing a campus-wide license for WebEx. All UMKC Users, including faculty, staff, and students, will be able to access their WebEx accounts for free by FS2016.
Cisco WebEx is a software for online video conferencing. Along with conventional telephone conferencing, WebEx allows web-based collaborative sessions to share video, audio, desktop/applications and more. Users may join a session using telephones, computers, or mobile devices.
All UMKC users can now sign up for a WebEx account to schedule online meetings, and invite anyone in the world to join. The capacity of each live session is up to 1000 attendees.
WebEx can be used for:
- Internal staff meetings
- Admissions and recruiting
- Online orientation
- Technical support of faculty/staff/students
- Focus groups and research
Watch this video for WebEx Meeting Center Features.
- How do I sign up for a WebEx account?
- What do I need to use WebEx?
- What audio options do I have for meetings?
- How do I attend a meeting?
- How do I schedule a meeting?
- Can I schedule concurrent meetings?
- What are the different roles in a meeting?
- How do I schedule a meeting via Outlook (with WebEx Productivity Tools)?
- How do I download WebEx Productivity Tools?
- How to join a meeting with a mobile device?
- What is a Personal Meeting Room?
- Differences among Meeting/Training/Event/Support Center.
- Can I invite anyone, even someone without a UMKC email address, to join a meeting?
- How do I share content during a meeting?
- How do I transfer host/presenter role to someone else?
- What is a Host Key?
- What happens if a host leaves a meeting?
- Adding Contacts and Distribution list.
- Downloading WebEx Recordings.
- Personal Conference Setup. (Faculty/Staff Only)
UMKC Call Center: 816-235-2000 or email@example.com
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
WebEx Hotline: 866-569-3239 (24/7)