There are many computer labs on the Volker and Hospital Hill campuses. Information Services (IS) manages some but not all of these labs. These pages only list information for the IS-managed labs.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO SEE LAB HOURS
- Spring Semester Lab Hours ( Spring Semester: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - Friday, May 16, 2014 )
- Spring Break Lab Hours ( Spring Break: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - Sunday, March 30, 2014 )
- Summer Intercession 1 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession I: Saturday, May 17, 2014 - Sunday, June 08, 2014 )
- Summer Semester Lab Hours ( Summer Semester: Monday, June 09, 2014 - Friday, August 01, 2014 )
- Summer Intercession 2 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession II: Saturday, August 02, 2014 - Sunday, August 24, 2014 )
- Fall Semester Lab Hours ( Fall Semester: Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 19, 2014 )
- Thanksgiving Break Lab Hours ( ThanksGiving Break: Saturday, November 23, 2013 - Saturday, November 30, 2013 )
- Winter Break Lab Hours ( Winter Break: Saturday, December 14, 2013 - Monday, January 20, 2014 ) Remote Labs are available so that you can access many software applications from home. Available software depends on which school you are enrolled in. To see a complete list of available software, login to our Remote Labs through this web page:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving holiday
- Christmas Day
The labs are closed along with the rest of campus on the days the following holidays are observed:
To view a campus map with buildings housing IS-managed computer labs highlighted, click here:
IS manages computer labs at the following locations:
Building Room(s) # of Computers Phone Number Bloch School of Management 110 38 (816) 235-5488 Health Sciences Building 3304 30 (816) 235-6635 Miller Nichols Library 2nd Floor 48 (816) 235-5307 Royall Hall 303 42 (816) 235-5896 School of Education 129 49 (816) 235-2253 Student Union 210 19 (816) 235-5489
Most IS-managed labs contain the following equipment:
- Workstations running Windows 7,
- Black and white laser printers,
- A scanner, and
- Adaptive equipment (this equipment consists of tables with adjustable height, screen magnifiers, and text-to-speech software).
- Denotes a lab with adaptive equipment.
If you are having problems in any of the public labs please contact one of the Lab Student Assistants for help.
If student assistants are unavailable in your lab you may also contact the UMKC Call Center for assistance.