There are many computer labs on the Volker and Hospital Hill campuses. Information Services (IS) manages some but not all of these labs. These pages only list information for the IS-managed labs.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO SEE LAB HOURS
- Spring Semester Lab Hours ( Spring Break: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - Friday, May 17, 2013 )
- Spring Break Lab Hours ( Spring Break: Saturday, March 23, 2013 - Saturday, March 30, 2013 )
- Summer Intercession 1 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession I: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - Sunday, June 09, 2013 )
- Summer Semester Lab Hours ( Summer Semester: Monday, June 10, 2013 - Friday, August 02, 2013 )
- Summer Intercession 2 Lab Hours ( Summer Intercession II: Saturday, August 03, 2013 - Sunday, August 18, 2013 )
- Fall Semester Lab Hours ( Hours have not been finalized )
- Thanksgiving Break Lab Hours ( Hours have not been finalized )
- Winter Break Lab Hours ( Hours have not been finalized ) Remote Labs are available so that you can access many software applications from home. Available software depends on which school you are enrolled in. To see a complete list of available software, login to our Remote Labs through this web page:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving holiday
- Christmas Day
The labs are closed along with the rest of campus on the days the following holidays are observed:
To view a campus map with buildings housing IS-managed computer labs highlighted, click here:
IS manages computer labs at the following locations:
Building Room(s) # of Computers Phone Number Bloch School of Management 110 38 (816) 235-5488 Health Sciences Building 3304 30 (816) 235-6635 Miller Nichols Library 2nd Floor 48 (816) 235-5307 Royall Hall 303 42 (816) 235-5896 School of Education 129 49 (816) 235-2253 Student Union 210 19 (816) 235-5489
Most IS-managed labs contain the following equipment:
- Workstations running Windows 7,
- Black and white laser printers,
- A scanner, and
- Adaptive equipment (this equipment consists of tables with adjustable height, screen magnifiers, and text-to-speech software).
- Denotes a lab with adaptive equipment.
If you are having problems in any of the public labs please contact one of the Lab Student Assistants for help.
If student assistants are unavailable in your lab you may also contact the UMKC Call Center for assistance.