Student Computing Labs
The Information Services (IS) department hires students to work in the
IS-managed student computer labs.
These Student Assistants (SAs) perform the following functions:
To apply for a Student Assistant position, you must either submit a printed copy of the
UMKC application form for
Student Employment or email a scanned, signed copy of this form to email@example.com.
If you wish to submit a hard copy, please print and sign the form, and place it in the drop box of Biancka Jimenez in BL 110A.
Please do not write your Social Security Number anywhere on your application, as this is confidential information.
If your application is selected, you will be contacted by a member of the Lab Management Office to schedule a time when you can
take a Computer Skills Test. Only applicants who pass this test are considered in the final screening process. If you have inquiries,
please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to be contacted by email, please write
your UMKC email ID legibly on the top right corner of the application.
It is the fundamental policy of UMKC to provide equal opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status in all education, employment and contracted activities.
- Monitoring the security of the labs and the equipment.
- Providing a clean environment for students.
- Answering questions for the students using the labs.
- Performing basic troubleshooting of lab computers and computer software.
- Redirecting phone inquiries to the Call Center or Campus Information Center.
- Communicating with supervisors and co-workers.
- Communicating with technical staff to help them maintain lab equipment.
- Performing special projects for lab supervisors as requested.
Was this page helpful to you?
Do you like the new website?