The Polycom phone is useful for a group of people in a conference room to participate in a call with two additional participants. At least one on-campus participant must remain on the call throughout the conference.
The Polycom is available to rent from Telecommunications for $10 per day. To use the Polycom phone, your conference room must have an analog phone jack. If you are not sure what type of jack is available or if it is active, please contact your department’s IT Liaison or Networking & Telecommunications at x1595.
With your Cisco 7960 IP phone, you can add up to five participants besides yourself to a conference. As with the other phones, at least one on-campus participant must remain on the call for the duration of the conference. How to User Your 7960 IP Phone
MeetingPlace Audio and Web Conferencing
MeetingPlace Conferencing (MPC) is both an audio and Web conferencing service that can be used separately or together. This conferencing service features the ability to:
- Have an audio and/or web conference with up to 90 participants
- Use Web conferencing to present or collaborate live by sharing your desktop or specific documents (MPC presenter plugin required and E-Learning Modules should be reviewed before holding the web conference).
- Record meetings for later playback or for archival.
- To learn more about this valuable service please visit http://meetingplace.umkc.edu
If you want to use this service, please call Telecommunications at x1595 or email email@example.com and provide the following information:
1. Date of your call (if the call is going to be recurring, please provide as many dates as possible)
2. Time of your call (include beginning and end time as close as possible)
3. Number of participants, including the moderator
4. MoCode to be charged
5. Type of conference – web or audio only
If the email is sent by someone other than the authorized signer, please cc the authorized signer. Telecommunications will send all pertinent information/instructions to the coordinator and the moderator. Participant Instructions ONLY should be forwarded to the participants. Please do not forward moderator instructions to the participants.