A Remote Lab connection gives you full access to the
remote lab computer, just like any typical computer
experience. The start menu and desktop is
visible and you may open any available application.
Android Remote Lab Quick Settings
||Your SSO password
||Computer name listed on Remote Labs webpage
Android Remote Lab Detailed Connection Instructions
Due to limitations of mobile operating systems (like Android) using a Remote
Lab is a two step process. First you must use the Remote Labs website to
get the name of the lab you want to connect to, then you must connect to
that lab with a third party Remote Desktop client.
UMKC does not endorse any third party connection clients. UMKC remote labs work with most
Remote Desktop (RDP) apps. The instructions below are an example of how to use the free
version of the
Wyse Pocket Cloud RDP app. UMKC does not support Wyse Pocket Cloud and these
instructions are subject to change. This example is provided to assist users in connecting
to UMKC Remote Labs. Actual steps will differ depending on which RDP app you decide to use.
Step One: Determine computer name of the lab you
wish to use
Open your mobile web browser and
log into the Remote Labs site.
Select the lab you want to use.
You will ultimately be taken to a screen
that looks similar to this:
On that screen, in the middle (highlighted in the image above), is the server name required for client
access to the remote lab/application. Write this down or save it to your
Step Two: Connect to the lab with a third party Remote Desktop
If you have not recently connected to this
remote lab computer there will be a delay as your
profile is created. This is normal.
- Connect to UMKC via VPN. Instructions on VPN connections can be found here
- Open the Pocket Cloud App
- Tap Skip Setup
- Tap No to prevent Pocket Cloud from reporting statistics
- Tap the + in the upper right corner
- Tap RDP
- Enter a nickname such as UMKC Remote Labs
- In the space below Host Address, enter the computer name that was displayed on the UMKC remote labs webpage
- In the space below Username, enter your SSO username
- In the space below Password, enter your SSO password. Note: you will need to update this setting every time you change your SSO password
- In the space below Domain, enter umkc-users
- In the Resolution dropdown, select a resolution appropriate for your device. (640x480 recommended for phones)
- Tap Save
- Under Manual Connections, tap UMKC Remote Labs
You are now connected! You may browse to the start menu and launch available
applications. If you have
any additional questions, please visit our
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center.