Windows Remote Application Connection Instructions
These instructions reflect a system running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. If you are using a different web browser or operating system version
the dialog boxes will vary slightly, but the procedure will remain the same.
If you have any additional questions, please visit the
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center
- Begin by visiting the available labs and applications page
- Enter your SSO username and SSO password
- Click Logon
- Select a Remote Application and click on the corresponding icon
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Click on the Launch my session! button
- Click Open when prompted to Open or Save the connection file
- If this is the first time you have used Remote Labs, you will be prompted to trust the publisher (University of Missouri).
- Check the box for "Don't ask me again..."
- Click Connect
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified username ("UMKC-USERS\username") and SSO password
- Click OK
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! The Remote Application will appear to be running from your local computer