Windows Remote Lab Connection Instructions
These instructions reflect a system running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9. If you are using a different web browser or operating system version
the dialog boxes will vary slightly, but the procedure will remain the same. Windows XP (and earlier) is not supported for
connecting to the "SCE II" Remote Lab. More information on XP compatibility can be found on the FAQ.
If you have any additional questions, please visit the
Remote Labs FAQ or contact the
IS Call Center
- Begin by visiting the available labs and applications page
- Enter your UMKC Username and password
- Click Logon
- Select a Remote Lab and click on Connect to Remote Desktop
- If labs seats are available you will be taken to another page
- Click on the Launch my session! button
- Click Open when prompted to Open or Save the connection file
- If this is the first time you have used Remote Labs, you will be prompted to trust the publisher (University of Missouri).
- Check the box for "Don't ask me again..."
- Click Connect
- You will be prompted for credentials. Login with your fully qualified UMKC username ("UMKC-USERS\username") and password
- Click OK
- You may notice a connection dialog while your session is being connected
- If you have not recently connected to this remote lab computer there will also be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- You are now connected! You may browse to the start menu and launch available applications