The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus).
Attention: Your campus computer must be powered on and you must also have rights to access your computer remotely. You must also follow these steps (one time only) to ensure your campus computer is ready to accept Remote Desktop connections. If you need assistance, please contact your IT Liaison.
Linux Remote Desktop Connection Instructions
Please note: UMKC does not endorse any third party connection clients. The instructions below are an example of how to use Terminal Server Client on Ubuntu 11.04. UMKC does not support Terminal Server Client and these instructions are subject to change. Actual steps will differ depending on which RDP app you decide to use.
If you have not recently connected to this computer there will be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- The terminal server client (tsclient) can be installed by executing the following command: "sudo apt-get install tsclient"
- Connect to UMKC via VPN. Instructions on VPN connections can be found here
- Open tsclient
- Next to Computer, enter the name of the remote computer you would like to connect to
- Change the protocol to RDP
- Next to User Name, enter your SSO username
- Next to Password, enter your SSO password
- Next to Domain, enter umkc-users
- Click Save As (once saved you can skip steps 1-11)
- Next to Name, enter the name of the remote computer
- Click OK
- Click Connect
You are now connected!