The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus).
Attention: Your campus computer must be powered on and you must also have rights to access your computer remotely. You must also follow these steps (one time only) to ensure your campus computer is ready to accept Remote Desktop connections. If you need assistance, please contact your IT Liaison.
Android Remote Desktop Connection Instructions
Please note: UMKC does not endorse any third party connection clients. The instructions below are an example of how to use the free version of the Wyse Pocket Cloud RDP app. UMKC does not support Wyse Pocket Cloud and these instructions are subject to change. Actual steps will differ depending on which RDP app you decide to use.
If you have not recently connected to this computer there will be a delay as your profile is created. This is normal.
- Connect to UMKC via VPN. Instructions on VPN connections can be found here
- Open the Pocket Cloud App
- Tap Skip Setup
- Tap No to prevent Pocket Cloud from reporting statistics
- Tap the + in the upper right corner
- Tap RDP
- Enter a nickname such as UMKC
- In the space below Host Address, enter the name of the remote computer to connect to. If you are unable to determine the name of your campus (office) computer, contact your IT Liaison.
- In the space below Username, enter your SSO username
- In the space below Password, enter your SSO password. Note: you will need to update this setting every time you change your SSO password
- In the space below Domain, enter umkc-users
- In the Resolution dropdown, select a resolution appropriate for your device. (640x480 recommended for phones)
- Tap Save
- Under Manual Connections, tap UMKC
You are now connected!