The following page(s) contain instructions on using Remote Desktop to connect to Faculty & Staff computers on the UMKC campus (from off-campus).
Attention: Your campus computer must be powered on and you must also have rights to access your computer remotely. You must also follow these steps (one time only) to ensure your campus computer is ready to accept Remote Desktop connections. If you need assistance, please contact your IT Liaison.
Please follow these steps to ensure your campus computer is ready to accept Remote Desktop connections.
Remote Desktop Prerequisites
- Right Click on the My Computer icon, on your desktop.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Remote tab.
- Be sure that "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" is checked.
Windows 7 & Vista
- Click the Start button, then Right Click on the "Computer" icon.
- Select Properties, and write down the "Computer name".
- Click on Remote Settings located in the left column.
- Be sure that "Allow connections from computer running any..." is selected.