Personal Profile Space (Q:\)
Please note: These instructions were written using specific Linux builds. If you are using a different distribution of Linux the dialog boxes will vary, but the procedure will be similar.
- If you are off-campus, you must first establish a VPN connection.
- Click on the File menu in the upper left corner.
- Click Connect to Server
- Type kc.umkc.edu in the server field.
- Change type to Windows share
- Type kc-users in the share field.
- Type /home/[first letter of your SSO]/[SSO] in the folder field. (e.g. John Doe would type /home/d/doej)
- Type umkc-users in the domain name field.
- Type your SSO in the username field.
- Type your SSO password in the password field.
- Click connect.
- You should now be able to view your Q: drive.
- Optional steps to save mapping:
- Click the Bookmarks menu at the top of the screen.
- Click Add Bookmark.
- A new bookmark should appear with your SSO as the label.
Your device's vulnerability is determined by the security settings, policies and behaviors you employ in the use and management of the device. It is your responsibility to protect your device from unauthorized access.